10 Christmas gift ideas for teachers
Looking for a Christmas or end of year gift for a teacher to say thanks for all their efforts in educating kids. Here’s a few ideas for small gifts for teachers to show your appreciation.
- A mug, Keep cup or other reusable coffee cup
- Movie passes
- Retail gift cards
- Aromatherapy products for relaxation after a long school year. (Check out local company Fleurette Aromatherapy, a fave of mine for gifts)
- Christmas ornament
- Personalised Tim-Tams available at Giftorium at Myer Charlestown or other chocolates
- A present for the classroom like a mobile or poster
- School supplies that they can use e.g. Pens, Post-it notes, diaries or a gift certificate so they can buy their own from specialty stores like Kikki.K
- An Oxfam gift card donated in their name which provides a e.g. safe drinking water for a family in a developing country
- A thoughtful notes or a student-made gift
*For NSW public school teachers, the Department of Education advises their staff that they have to disclose any gifts over a nominal amount of $50. Something to keep in mind if you wanted to organise a larger gift with a group of other parents.
What do you recommend for teacher gifts?
Make sure that you don’t miss any of the other fun and family-friendly Christmas events in Newcastle and the Hunter, visit the The Mummy Project Guide to Christmas.