Blindingly dazzling is the best way to describe the more than 2 million lights of the Christmas Lights Spectacular at Hunter Valley Gardens. This light and music extravaganza is truly stunning and is a surefire way to get the whole family into the Christmas spirit.
Christmas Lights Spectacular are celebrating an impressive 10 years of spreading the Christmas spirit and joy to children of all ages. To mark this occasion, Hunter Valley Gardens invites you to explore the Southern Hemisphere’s biggest and most breathtaking display of over 2 million lights. This much loved family event will officially open from Friday 3 November 2017 to Saturday 27 January 2018.
Join Hunter Valley Gardens in the merriments as guests are dazzled by 8kms of illuminated pathways and sparkling lights in every direction they look, stretching across an impressive 13 hectares.
As they tour the ground, sightseers will be treated to 16 individual displays, including a chance to go ‘globetrotting’ with an ‘Around the World’ themed area, which includes some of the most iconic landmarks such as the Eiffel Tower, Sydney Harbour Scene, Dutch Windmills and a giant 4m diameter globe. These along with an incredible present tree that stands 4m tall, will be lit up in extravagant style.
This year, Christmas Lights Spectacular also introduces three beautiful and permanent brand new rides to the line-up for visitors to enjoy. These include a dazzling Ferris Wheel, Carousel and Swing Chair. The inflatable fun zone will make a return this year in two new locations, giving children even more opportunities to jump, bounce and race. Visitors can enjoy playing on an exciting range of inflatables, jumping castles, obstacle courses, an arcade alley, and the incredible 35 metre long Super Slide (additional fees apply for some rides).
Visit the enchanting Animatronic Santa’s Factory, write a letter to Santa, visit with the Elves and have a photo taken with Santa himself.
There will also be stunning fireworks displays held on the opening night (3 November) and New Year’s Eve at 9pm.
Get there early and enjoy the festive season with a delicious selection of food and beverage stalls, roaming entertainment including carollers (until Boxing Day), and nightly performances by much loved children’s music group Little Scallywagz.
Please note: Gates will open at a new time of 5.30pm and will close at 10.00pm.
Christmas Lights Spectacular tickets are on sale now and prices include:
Children (4-15 yrs) $25
Children (3 yrs & under) FREE
Family (2 Adults + 1 Child) $75
Family (2 Adults + 2 Child) $95
Family Pass Extra Child $20
Wristbands (Unlimited Rides) $15
*Ride Tokens $2 – $6
Day + Night passes available
For more details on tickets and program, visit the Hunter Valley Gardens website.
As we’ve been visiting Christmas Lights Spectacular, for the past few years, here are my tips for a great visit.
- If you can visit on a day other than Friday or Saturday, do so. The crowds are larger on the weekends with lots of people traveling from Sydney, the Central Coast and elsewhere to view the lights.
- Check the HVG Facebook page before you set out to Hunter Valley Gardens to avoid disappointment. If there is adverse weather, the Christmas Lights Spectacular will be cancelled.
- The ticket line is separated into Prepaid Tickets and Regular Ticket Line paying with Cash/EFTPOS. Prepare for a wait on busy nights.
- Bring mozzie spray in case the mosquitoes are biting.
- Bring the pram or stroller if you’re not sure that your young child will be able to walk for the whole time. The Christmas Light Spectacular covers a large area – 20 acres in fact. Comfortable shoes are a must for everyone.
- Bring another layer of clothing as it can get a bit cool at night.
- Take your time and enjoy all of the lights. It’s a wonderful event that the whole family will enjoy.
- Use your Entertainment Book coupon for 2 for 1 entry to the Christmas Lights Spectacular.
- Prepare for possible traffic snarls when you leave the Gardens. One year, we waited for 15 minutes as a queue of coaches picking up passengers were blocking the exit. Be patient and the volunteers will advise you how to get out.
Win a Family Pass to Christmas Lights Spectacular
Thanks to our friends at Hunter Valley Gardens, The Mummy Project has 5 Family Passes to give away to a lucky reader (value $95).
To enter, email email@example.com with subject line HVG and include in the email your full name and suburb and mobile number and answer the following question in 30 words or less:
What’s your favourite thing to do with your family during the Christmas season?
My favourite answer wins! Competition ends at midnight (AEST) on Friday 17 November 2017. The competition has now closed.
*** Congratulations to:
Giveaway Terms and Conditions
- The name of the promotion is: Christmas Lights Spectacular Giveaway
- The promoter is The Mummy Project in conjunction with Hunter Valley Gardens
- The conditions of entry are: answer the question provided, one entry per person, contact details must be provided in email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Employees, immediate family members, retailers, suppliers, associated companies and agencies are not eligible to enter.
- The giveaway will close at midnight (Newcastle NSW time) on Friday 17 November 2017. Entries submitted after this time will not be considered for the giveaway.
- This is a game of skill. The winner will be awarded based on the strength of their creative answer to the question “What’s your favourite thing to do with your family during the Christmas season?”
- Judging will be done by Reena of The Mummy Project.
- The prize will be in the form of a family pass to Christmas Lights Spectacular which will be provided by Hunter Valley Gardens.
- The results of the giveaway will be published on this website on Monday 20 November 2017 and the winner will be contacted.
- If a winner cannot be contacted within 24 hours by the promoter, another winner will be selected.
- Prizes are not redeemable for cash and are non-transferable. The total prize value of this pass is $495.
- The competition is open to Australian residents only.
- If for any reason beyond the Promoter’s control the agreed prize is not available a product of equal or greater value will be provided.