Write for The Mummy Project
The Mummy Project started as a way for one mum to share family events and information in Newcastle & The Hunter. Since its start in late 2012, it’s become an important resource reaching thousands of parents every month.
We’re looking for contributors to share their stories on The Mummy Project. And no, you don’t have to be a mum or dad to write for us. We accept guest posts from grandparents, carers, teachers and local practitioners interested in sharing information with our readers.
We’re looking for guest posts about:
- Local attractions
- Parks and playgrounds
- Local hikes or walks
- Beach, lake or swimming spots
- Picnic spots
- Kids activities at home e.g. craft ideas
- Day trips around the Newcastle region
- Family travel experiences
We also appreciate guest posts about parenting, motherhood or anything else which you think would be relevant to local parents like this great article about raising twins by one our readers Leanne.
- Post length should be approximately 400 – 750 words.
- Only original posts will be accepted. If your post has featured anywhere else online or in print, then we will require it to be re-written.
- Posts end with a brief author’s bio (2-3 sentences).
- If you have original photos to accompany the posts, please ensure that they are high quality and landscape orientation. These images MUST have been taken by and/or owned by you.
Please note: The Mummy Project does not accept guest posts that are advertising a product or service, or are sponsored in any way.
Submitting a Guest Post
- Send us an email at reena@themummyproject. This email should include a short paragraph that explains your idea for your guest post, including a possible title. You should also explain why you think it would interest our readers. (Note: Locals only, please. We are not interested in content that is not locally focused.)
- We will write you back and let you know if we are interested in your post idea.
- Please send text for your post in a Word form (.doc or .docx). We will format and prepare it for publication. Send any photos (see above) as an email attachment.
- Once you submit your post, please allow three weeks for your post to be reviewed. We will let you know if it has been approved for publishing, or if we need anything else.
The Fine Print
- The Mummy Project reserves the right to edit your submission for brevity, grammar and readability. If a large amount of editing is necessary, it will be returned to you for revision.
- You retain the copyright to your writing, but once it’s submitted, we reserve the right to use and refer to it.